Small Pottery Cups


I bought some beautiful small cups in Spring. Please click on “READ MORE” and enjoy my pottery photos.

I am interested in pottery nowadays.  I started to collect them from last year. However, I don't have any knowledge about pottery, I only collected the cups that were impressively made.

I bought some beautiful cups when I went to the Pottery Festivals in Mashiko and Kasama in Spring, 2017. They are located 200km far from northern Tokyo. Their pottery festivals are attended by many ceramic artists from all over Japan.




The picture of the item below was made by Mr. Nakano. His cup is distorted in shape, It has a natural form if it was created by nature.



The picture below was made by Mr. Nakano. His cup is distorted in shape, but it has a natural shape as if it existed in nature.



The item below was made by Mr.Nagumo. The cup has a soft cottony texture due to its overlapping subtle white and pale colors.



The picture of the item below was made by Mr. Inoue. A flower from East Asia called "Camellia" is drawn on the cup. Big red flowers of Camellia drawn on the small cup portrays dynamic impression.



Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.

Thank you. —Have a nice day! 

Comments

  1. I read about Korea's influence on Japan's pottery. There was a village in Japan where the residents were Korean potters. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I also read somewhere that Japanese pottery was influenced by Korea and China since hundreds of years ago. When I saw beautiful potteries, I wanted to take its photos.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts