Iris and Lotus


I went to Suigo-Sahara-Ayame Park in July 2017. This park is located about 100km northeast of Tokyo. It has more than 1 million iris and lotus on a site of roughly 8 hectares. I enjoyed lots of beautiful iris and lotus flowers. 




Iris has been cultivated as an ornamental plant from around the 17th century in Japan. Iris flowers bloom around June. It is said that there are 5,000 kinds and they come in different shades and shapes. 




Lotus has been introduced from China with Buddhism and has long been popular.




Various Iris and Lotus flowers are blooming at Suigo-Sahara-Ayame Park. You can ride a small boat in the waterway. Also, the boatman (boatwoman) wears Japanese traditional clothes, and it seems that I went back to the old days.




Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.

Thank you. Have a nice day! 

Comments

  1. This last pic is my favorite. I love the accent of the tiny red ribbon on the hat, the balance of the green lotus leaves on the water and the yellow on the woman's waist that provides life to the stucture of her dress. The single pink lotus flower also adds a drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that you visited my blog. The last photo is my favorite too. I leaned forward out and took photos on the bridge. It was a little dangerous, but I was able to take a good picture.

      Delete
    2. The risk was worth it. it was sooo nice! Great job, Hiro-san!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts