A plum festival you have to see in Japan

March 10, 2019, Sunday, I visited a plum flower viewing festival. I saw beautiful lots of plum trees and scented flowers. I had a wonderful experience and felt relaxed.





It was sunny and warm that day. This festival was held at Sakata-jyo-seki castle site in Yokoshiba, Chiba prefecture.  Many people enjoyed viewing flowers and light meal.





It is said that plum flower viewing was imported from China about 1,500 years ago.  It was more popular than cherry blossom viewing at that time. 




I bought salted plums called Umeboshi and a plum jam with Japanese pear. They were so delicious. 

Feel free to comment section below and
if you want to know more interesting post hit the “follow icon” or you can follow me at https://www.facebook.com/hiroyukicky

Thank you. Have a nice day! 

Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts