Gion in Kyoto, Japan

Gion is a district in Kyoto city, Japan. The district was built to accommodate the needs of travelers and visitors to Yasaka Shrine. It eventually evolved to become one of the most exclusive and well-known geisha districts in all of Japan.



Geisha are traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses and whose skills include performing various arts such as classical music, dance, games and conversation, mainly to entertain male customers.

Shirakawa river in Gion


These days, there are many modern entertainment establishments in Gion, like restaurants, bars and so on. 



Izuu is one of the famous traditional sushi restaurants in Kyoto. Traditional sushi in Kyoto is using fermented fish called mackerel and it is made with rice, is not using raw fish for this kind of sushi.
I actually took home cucumber roll and dried Japanese food called Kanpyo roll. It was a pity that I didn’t take photos.

Izuu, The sushi restaurant in Gion




Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.



I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 
Thank you.

These sentences of mine were revised by my English tutor.  Thanks for all your help.
保存保存

Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts