The Edo-Tokyo Museum

I went to the Edo- Tokyo Museum for the first time. I was very interested to see this place and I don’t know what to expect.

Edo-Tokyo Museum in Ryogoku district, Tokyo

The museum displays miniature of the Edo period up to the present-day Japan.

The Edo period is between 1603 and 1868 in the history of Japan. The period was characterized by economic growth, strict social order, isolationist foreign policies, a stable population, popular enjoyment of art and culture.
Also, Edo is the former name of Tokyo. 

A part of Nihonbashi bridge
There are parts of the Nihonbashi bridge in full size and an elaborate palace and a miniature model of the city at the upper floor.

Miniature model of the City

A picture inside the miniature model of the palace.

A part of the lower floor shows the daily life of a Japanese man in the Edo period reproduced with full size models and description panels.

A Japanese man inside the house (Full size model)

book and painting shop

Soba noodle stall

However, I feel sad that I am only able to see a third of the museum display. I look forward to visit again the museum again next time.

I highly recommend people to see the place. This museum is located at Ryogoku district in Tokyo. 

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.

I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 

This article was reviewed and edited by my English tutor.  Thanks for all your help.

Thank you. – Have a nice day!


Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts