Dazaifu Tenmangu in Fukuoka, Japan

I went to Dazaifu Tenmangu in Fukuoka prefecture with my wife. It is about 1,000km to Fukuoka from Tokyo. Dazaifu Tenmangu is located near Fukuoka city. It takes thirty minutes by express train from Fukuoka city. 

The main gate in Dazaifu Tenmangu

Big paper lanterns in the main gate
Dazaifu Tenmangu is a shrine built over the rave of Michizane Sugawara venerated by the Japanese throughout the country or the God of literature or calligraphy.

The main shrine is called Honden

Shinto priest prayed at the main shrine

There were many tourists in the shrine. Most tourists were Chinese, Korean and Japanese high school excursionists. I am glad many foreigners and Japanese younger people learned Japanese culture. 



There were many tourists in the shrine.


Also, there was a Chrysanthemum Festival and contest held in the shrine. All Chrysanthemums were very beautiful and elegant.


The chrysanthemum festival and contest

The chrysanthemum festival and contest


A street performer made a monkey play a variety of tricks to entertain people at the shrine.  Many children enjoyed the street performance. 


A street performer who makes monkey perform a variety of tricks

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.

I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 

Thank you. – Have a nice day!

P.S. This article was reviewed and edited by my English tutor.  Thanks for all your help.

Comments

  1. I want to visit this shrine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment in my blog. If you have a chance, by all means, you should go to this shrines. I recommend it. I hope that you will watch my blog again. Thank you so much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts