Mojiko-Retro in Fukuoka, Japan

I went to Mojiko-Retro in Fukuoka prefecture with my wife. Mojiko-Retro is located near Fukuoka city. It took one hour and a half by express train from Fukuoka city. 

The street in Mojiko-Retro 

Mojiko-Retro is a tourist district in Kita Kyushu City. Several buildings in the district were built between the Meiji era (1872 to 1914) and the Taisho era (1914 to 1931) and are still standing today.


The platform in Mojiko station

Mojiko station has the regal and nostalgic atmosphere which the district is famous for but  it was under repair. I felt a little sad because I was not able to tour around Mojiko station.


Former Moji custom building

Former Moji custom building was built in 1909 with bricks. Today, the building was turned into a galley and a cafe.


The sightseeing ship in the port

There was a sightseeing ship in the port. This ship goes out to the Kanmon Strait. It takes 15 minutes for the tour. 

Blue-Wing 
Blue-Wing-Moji was built in 1993. It is a drawbridge and its the only one of its kind in Japan.

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section below.

I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 

Thank you. – Have a nice day!

P.S. This article was reviewed and edited by my English tutor.  Thanks for all your help.

Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts