Hojo of Nanzen-ji in Kyoto, Japan

My home town is countryside of Kyoto and I stayed there during last summer vacation. I visited Nanzen-ji, Kyoto. This is located at the center of the city in Kyoto. The following pictures are taken from Nanzen-ji.

Karesansui Garden
The front of Hojo with green maple trees

Nanzen-ji is a Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan. A large complex, it has varied over time between nine and twelve sub temples.
Hojo is one of some temples in Nanzen-ji and is notable for its garden. The garden of  the Hojo is considered one of the most significant examples of Karesansui Gardens, and was built in the 1600s by Kobori Enshu. The garden mirrors natural forms, and is seventy percent gravel. It has been designed to be a national place of scenic beauty. The Hojo has a variety of important screen painting on gold backgrounds but we are not allowed to take photos. It was a pity that we are not allowed to take photos.


Karesansui Garden

Karesansui Garden
Karesanui Garden means the Japanese rock garden or dry landscape garden.

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section.

I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 
Thank you.




These sentences of mine were revised by my English tutor.  Thanks for all your help.

Comments

  1. The temples in Japan symbolizes their rich culture and heritage. Almost all of the cities in Japan have famous temples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comments. When you come to Japan, I hope you meet our history or culture.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts