Sanmon gate at Nanzen-ji in Kyoto, Japan

I went to home town, Kyoto during summer vacation.

Nanzen-ji

Kyoto is formerly the Imperial capital in Japan for more than one thousand years. Now, Kyoto is one of the most famous city for tourist in Japan because Kyoto has a lot of historical places, for example temples and shrines. Kyoto is 500km away from Tokyo. 


The front of Sanmon
Looking up Sanmon


I went to Nanzen-ji for the first time. 
Nanzen-ji is a Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan. Emperor Kameyama established it in 1291. Some parts of the temple were destroyed by fire in 1393, The same thing happened in 1447, then everything was rebuilt in 1597 and expanded in the Edo era. A large complex, it has varied over time between nine and twelve sub temples.

The lower part of Sanmon



Sanmon, the temple’s gate was originally constructed in the 13th century, destroyed in 1369 by the order of the government and reconstructed in 1628. The gate contains stairs to an elevated viewing area.

Steep stairs
Superb view

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section.

I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 
Thank you.

These sentences of mine were revised by my English tutor. Thanks for all your help.

Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts