Japanese traditional festival named Baka-Men Odori

On July 24, 2016 I went to Japanese traditional festival of Baka-Men Odori in Funabashi city, Chiba prefecture. 
The Baka-Men Odori is a dance parade consists of masked children, dancers and drummers. There were also flute players on board floats.
There were lots of people and various kinds of stalls along the streets. 

Dancing masked children 
Main dancer and band

Floats on the street

My wife and I watched and enjoyed everything while we ate grilled chicken called Yakitori and drank beer.

Baka-Men Odori, also known as silly face dance is a ritual for maritime safety and good fish harvest. It was celebrated 120 years ago. in Hakken Shrine to commemorate the beginning of summer. It is now a cultural celebration in Funabashi.

Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section.
I'm currently studying English.If you find any grammar mistakes in my blog, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. 
Thank you.


These sentences of mine were revised by my English tutor. Thanks for all your help.

Comments

Please feel free to follow me if you like.

Popular Posts